The Rosetta 800 takes two of Apogee’s most celebrated products and the latest in high-definition digital audio and combines them into one impressive package. The Rosetta 800 Converter gives you eight channels of superior AD/DA conversion at sample rates of up to 192k, Apogee’s SoftLimit, UV22HR, and advanced Intelliclock. The result is a premium digital recording solution that is built for the professional recording facility yet economical enough for the project studio. And now it’s approved for use with Pro Tools HD 8 hardware and software running on Mac OS X 10.5.5 or Windows XP SP 2.
Legendary Apogee Conversion in High-Definition
The most crucial process in the digital recording environment is high-quality analog to digital conversion and the most trusted and desirable converters are made by Apogee. With up to 192k standard sample rates, the Rosetta 800 combines Apogee’s legendary conversion quality with flexibility that complements any digital audio workstation.
Connect Directly to Pro Tools HD and Mix systems with the X-HD and X-Digi-Mix expansion cards
Users of Pro Tools Mix can bring their system up to date by adding a Rosetta 800 ADA Converter outfitted with an X-Digi-Mix card. The X-Digi-Mix card will connect directly to the Pro Tools Mix core card, no other hardware required, effectively extending the life of your Mix system and optimizing your recording chain with premium Apogee conversion. Pro Tools HD users can also enjoy the direct connectivity and superior Apogee sound when they add an X-HD card to their Rosetta 800 with no other hardware required.
Professional FireWire connectivity (X-FireWire card)
FireWire and digital audio are turning pro with Apogee’s new X-FireWire card. With the optional FireWire card installed, you’ll be able to connect the Rosetta 800 natively to any FireWire input device, with low latency and without the need for additional hardware.
Intelliclock: Dual Stage Jitter Reduction
Another essential for outstanding digital recording is maintaining an ultra-low-jitter, clock signal. To accomplish this, Rosetta 800 Converters utilizes Apogee’s Intelliclock. Intelliclock is really two clocks in one. A fast-responding read clock, with a wide locking range, fills a dedicated FIFO buffer, while an ultra-low-jitter write clock writes the data out of the buffer, and is used to clock the converters.
SoftLimit: Maximize Levels, Minimize Overs
One of the greatest difficulties in digital recording is getting an adequate level without clipping and unwanted distortion. With Apogee’s SoftLimit, you can maximize digital output levels without overs.
UV22HR: Dither Down with 24-bit Detail
UV22HR is Apogee’s industry standard technology for reducing the word-length of a high-resolution digital signal to 16 bits for the Internet and CD mastering. UV22HR is also being employed to produce dramatically improved Internet and computer audio content without increased file sizes or data rates.
IMPORTANT NOTE for OS X Leopard compatibility
To ensure your Apogee product works well with Mac OS X Leopard v10.5, it is critical that you follow the instructions provided at the Apogee website address below.
If you have an existing Apogee software CD or a previously downloaded installer, please do not use it with Leopard. Only use the software and driver versions provided at the link below that are specifically indicated as “Compatible with Leopard.”
If you have any questions, please call Apogee support at 310-584-9394.
- 8 channels of premium 24-bit AD/DA conversion
- Sample rates up to 192kHz upgrade standard
- 8 channels of AES, ADAT I/O
- Optional FireWire expansion card for compatibility with OS X, and Windows XP (X-FireWire card)
- Optional expansion card for direct connection to Pro Tools HD (X-HD card)
- Now approved for use with Pro Tools HD 8 hardware and software running on Mac OS X 10.5.5 or Windows XP SP 2.
- “Soft Limit” for maximum digital level without overs
Go high-definition with your digital audio and get the best conversion available with the Rosetta 800.
Rosetta 800 8-Channel AD/DA Converter 24-bit/192kHz
- Sample rates: 44.1 – 48k, 88.2 – 96k (+/-10%); 176.4 – 192k (optional)
- Frequency response: 10 —20k (+/- 0.2 dB) at 44.1k
- Analog max levels: +6dBV, +20dBu, +24dBu max (set by internal jumper)
- Dynamic range: 114 dB A weighted (AD + DA)
- THD+N: -105 dB (AD), -103 dB (DA)
- Power: 90-250 VAC, 50-60Hz, 45Watt
- Analog In 1-8: Balanced, DSUB connector
- AES in: x 4, transformer balanced, DSUB connector
- Optical – ADAT/SMUX In: Toslink
- WC In: BNC 75 ohm
- Analog Out 1-8: Balanced, DSUB connector.
- AES Out: x 4, transformer balanced,DSUB connector
- Optical – ADAT/SMUX Out: Toslink
- WC Out: BNC 75 ohm