The period-correct Gibson Custom 1959 ES-175 Historic hollowbody electric guitar serves up the rich, sultry tones you can only get from a ’50s Gibson “jazzbox”. The ES-175 was introduced in 1949 as an innovative solution to amplifying archtop guitars. In 1959, with the addition of an updated rounded neck profile and PAF humbucking pickups, the ES-175 earned its place as a first choice for jazz guitar. This 1959 ES-175 Historic is a Vintage Original Spec (VOS) instrument built to be as true to the original as possible. With a three-ply maple body, mahogany neck, and a bound rosewood fretboard, the 1959 ES-175 Historic sports the same tonewoods that made the ES-175 perfect for smoky jazz tones. And with accurate details like the florentine cutaway, the vintage fabric rim-stays, and vintage-style hardware, the Gibson Custom 1959 ES-175 Historic hollowbody electric guitar embodies the soul of jazz guitar.
Gibson Custom 1959 ES-175 Historic Hollowbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- Over 60 years of smooth jazz tone
- Vintage-voiced pickups and period-correct appointments
- Gibson Custom’s commitment to quality
Over 60 years of smooth jazz tone
When you pick up the Gibson Custom 1959 ES-175 Historic hollowbody, you’re holding one of the most definitive jazz guitars money can buy. In fact, the ES-175 is so popular with players worldwide, that it’s one of the few Gibson models that has been in constant production since its introduction in 1949. The combination of vibrant, organic tones, and exceptional playability, make the 1959 ES-175 Historic a guitar you’ll treasure for a lifetime.
Vintage-voiced pickups and period-correct appointments
Dual ’57 Classic humbucking pickups give the 1959 ES-175 Historic the punch and clarity of Gibson’s legendary PAF pickups. Other vintage appointments include the original-spec “Zig Zag” tailpiece, which was created using an original form that was found in Gibson’s old Kalamazoo, MI workshop, and the adjustable, compensated rosewood bridge, which was created using original tools from the ’50s.
Gibson Custom’s commitment to quality
Gibson’s Custom Shop took extra care with every detail of the 1959 ES-175 Historic. Every Gibson Custom guitar receives an ultra-precise Plek Pro setup, which optimizes the fretboard and nut for incredibly accurate intonation and a “just right” feel. And little touches like the adjustable rosewood bridge and the 17-degree headstock angle not only add to the amazing tone and feel, they remain true to the ES-175 as well as Gibson’s history.
Gibson Custom 1959 ES-175 Historic Hollowbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Vintage Original Spec (VOS) re-creation of the 1959 ES-175 hollowbody electric guitar
- 3-ply maple/poplar/maple top and back
- Mahogany neck with maple spline for rich tone and exceptional sustain
- Rosewood fingerboard with vintage-correct thickness and precise fret dimensions
- Hand-made “Zig Zag” tailpiece was created using original forms discovered in Michigan
- Adjustable, compensated rosewood bridge, produced on original Gibson tooling
- Historically-accurate PAF pickup covers and 1959-style wiring components (rubber 3-way switch mount, CTS pots, and bumblebee capacitor
- VOS finish gives you the look of a well-maintained gem from the ’50s
- Hard case included